'No. 156' 12x12"
Original abstract painting by Sally-Anne Ashley
- 12x12x0.5" mixed media on cradled wooden panel
- Painting wraps around the sides of the panel
- Titled and signed on reverse
- Finished with a UV protective varnish
- Ready to hang
- Choose 'medium item' shipping at checkout
- Contact me for international shipping
About this painting -
The first marks in my work come from an intuitive place, a colour palette has usually been determined but not a subject. I begin with a thought or feeling and work freely from there, adding layers of paint, marks, text and collage until I reach a point where the process of subtraction is required to bring the piece to a finished composition.
This is part of my 'Readjusting' series; with subtle palettes and a gentle blurry feel to them - their intricate, lace-like lines and illegible text suggest an overall feeling of quietness.
When you know you're heading in a direction but can't quite see too far ahead. It's fine to stay here a while and let things be for now - an answer will come, it always does.