'No. 168' 8x8" framed
Original abstract painting
- Acrylic paint / ink pen / pencil
- 8 x 8” canvas board
- Framed in a white floater frame -9¼ x 9¼ x ¾"
- Titled, dated and signed on reverse
- Protected with a UV varnished
- Please choose 'Small item' shipping at checkout
- Contact me for international shipping
About this painting -
The first marks in my work come from an intuitive place, a colour palette has usually been decided but not the subject. I begin with a thought or feeling and work freely from there, adding layers of paint, marks, text and collage until I reach a point where the process of subtraction is required to bring the piece to a finished composition.
Muted colours led the way with this one, carefully choosing how they accompanied one another. It was built in layers with some of the first marks being left to show through to the finished piece. I love the ink drawings, they offer a delicate intricacy which contrasts against the colour blocks.
A small and interesting piece for a small and interesting place :)