It takes a Village
Original abstract painting by Sally-Anne Ashley
- Acrylic paint / ink / various pencils / hand and machine embroidery on canvas
- 20 x 20 x 1.5" (50 x 50 x 3.5cm) painting
- Finished with a UV protective satin varnish
- Ready to hang
- Framing options available
- Please contact me for a shipping quote
'It takes a Village' is on exhibition with the Visual Artists Association as part of the International Online Spring Exhibition 2021
12th April - 30th June
Available to purchase through this time
About this painting
'It takes a Village' feels primal and raw with it's strong visual image of an animal, vessel or container type composition. The storylines of its history show through the translucent layers of paint and glazes and the markmaking in areas could resemble that of tribal type patterning. Hand and machine embroidery accentuate some of the marks and add another layer of intricacy to the surface.
'It takes a Village' is a statement piece that would proudly sit alone or amongst other curiosities.