Original abstract painting
- Acrylic / collage
- 12 x 12 x 0.5" cradled wooden panel
- Framed in a hand painted floater frame - overall size 13¼ x 13¼ x 1½ "
- Titled and signed on reverse
- Finished with a UV protective varnish
- Ready to hang
- Choose 'MED-UK' shipping at checkout
- Contact me for international shipping
The first marks in my work come from an intuitive place, a colour palette has usually been decided but not the subject. I begin with a thought or feeling and work freely from there, adding layers of paint, marks, text and collage until I reach a point where the process of subtraction is required to bring the piece to a finished composition.
This piece was inspired by the colours of echinacea flowers! I love them at all stages of their existence, their vibrancy when in full bloom and then their delicate, subtle flesh tones as they begin to die off... They're perfectly feminine for me, the rich greens give a deep earthy feel in contrast to the gentle softness of the pink.
Echinacea grows in my garden and I took great pleasure in watching the changes in nature take place this year.
This was painted with 'Understory' - they compliment one another beautifully :)